- Family weekend retreats at overnight camp have begun, where families can maintain household “bubbles”, with everyone following COVID protocols, listed below.
- Our popular Camp-in-a-Box program returned this summer and reached hundreds of Campers with engaging virtual activities like cabin groups, campfires, skill-building and more.
- In-hospital bedside programs continue in 3 hospitals in Ontario—at SickKids, McMaster Children’s Hospital, and the Children’s Hospital at London Health Sciences Centre
Healthcare professionals are guiding us, including our medical advisory task force and hospital partners. Protocols include the following:
- Everyone attending, volunteering or working at camp, age 12+, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 two weeks before arrival, and share proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken 72-96 hours prior to camp.
- At camp, all recommended public health measures are followed. Families stay in their bubble, with staff and volunteers in bubbles of up to 5 people. Bubbled groups can eat together, and share bathrooms and sleeping quarters.
- Everyone must meet 2 of 3 requirements when interacting with others outside their bubble — they must be outside, be masked, and/or physically distanced.
- Everyone must complete a daily screening before breakfast.
- Additional measures include health & safety training for all staff and volunteers, increased building ventilation, cleaning and hand hygiene, with hand washing stations, hand sanitizer, and signage at all activities.
Our campaign to bring back camp
Every day, kids battling cancer are isolated from family, or missing friends while in the hospital or at home. Today might be the day a family learns their child has cancer.
The 2021 COVID Can’t Stop Camp campaign aims to support 2,300 kids and their families in communities across Ontario throughout the pandemic.
Our goal of $10 million will help us re-open overnight camps and continue year-round programming in hospitals, homes and communities. With no annual government or hospital funding, the role of generous donors has never been more critical.
Please donate the magic of camp today, or email email@example.com to book an exploratory chat today.