Help the Magic of Ooch live on
Join our Brave Spirit Circle to make an enduring impact on Ooch Campers and their families. The following info will help you speak to your advisors and family about your plans and wishes.
Our Brave Spirit promise
Camp Ooch is committed to respecting the wishes of every member of our Brave Spirit Circle. This is our promise to you:
- Your Will is an intensely personal document. We respect your privacy.
- We understand and support the notion that your loved ones come first.
- We would like to know if you have made a gift to Camp Ooch in your Will so we can make plans for our Camp, and recognize your generosity. Whether you choose to tell us or not is entirely your decision.
- We encourage you to contact us to learn more about our areas of work that interest you most, and how you can ensure your gift is directed to that area in the most effective way possible.
- We will provide you and your loved ones with special opportunities to learn about our work in any ways that are meaningful to you.
- We are proud of our effectiveness and efficiency. We will apply both to your gift.
- We deeply appreciate the confidence and trust you have in Camp Ooch.
- We will respond immediately to your questions or concerns. You can contact Ashley Hilkewich, Adele Sacks or anyone on our team, at any time.
Life insurance policy gifts
Another legacy option is to name Camp Ooch as the beneficiary of an insurance policy (including a policy from your workplace). When the funds are released, Camp Ooch will receive the donation on your behalf.
You can also consider signing over ownership of a policy with premiums that are fully paid. If you choose this option, you’ll get a tax receipt for the cash surrender value.
RRSPs or RRIFs
By naming Camp Ooch as the beneficiary of your RRSP/RRIF, you will contribute the remaining balance of these investments that exist upon your passing. This method can also offset the tax that would otherwise be payable on these assets by your estate. Talk to your professional advisor to determine if this is a good option for you.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
This legacy option may suit people who want to make to substantial donation with an irrevocable trust and earn immediate tax savings, while receiving income from the asset’s interest for life. Once transferred, you’ll receive a tax receipt for the present market value of the gift. Upon your passing, the asset is transferred to Camp Ooch.
Confirming your legacy gift
Once your arrangements have been made, complete our legacy gift confirmation form to notify us of your future gift. It’s important for us to know about your intended gift so that we can keep you informed of future plans.
This will also help us create proactive plans so that we can continue to fulfil our mission.Legacy gift confirmation form
Contact us for more info on legacy giving and other donation options. We'll help you get started with all the right tools and information.
The Legacy Giving information on this website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice and assistance from your lawyer, financial advisor, or tax consultant.
We recommend that you discuss your plans with your lawyer and/or financial advisor before proceeding with a legacy gift.