Help the Magic live on
Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium is very fortunate to have many donors who support our mission generously throughout their lifetime. Legacy Giving allows that relationship to continue, in perpetuity, through bequests or other planned gifts, supporting Campers and their families for generations to come.
Our Legacy Circle promise
We are committed to respecting the wishes of every member of our Legacy Circle. This is our promise to you:
- Your Will is a private, personal document. We respect your privacy.
- We understand and support the notion that your loved ones come first.
- We would like to know if you have made a gift to us in your Will so we can make plans for our camp, and recognize your generosity. Whether you choose to tell us or not is entirely your decision.
- We encourage you to contact us to learn more about our areas of work that interest you most, and how you can ensure your gift is directed to that area in the most effective way possible.
- We will provide you and your loved ones with special opportunities to learn about our work in any ways that are meaningful to you.
- We are proud of our effectiveness and efficiency. We will apply both to your gift.
- We deeply appreciate the confidence and trust you have in us.
- We will respond immediately to your questions or concerns. You can contact Angie Barbieri or anyone on our team, at any time.
CLICK HERE to download your Free Will Guide
Life insurance policy gifts
Another legacy option is to name us as the beneficiary of an insurance policy (including a policy from your workplace). When the funds are released, Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium will receive the donation on your behalf.
You can also consider signing over ownership of a policy with premiums that are fully paid. If you choose this option, you’ll get a tax receipt for the cash surrender value.
RRSPs or RRIFs
By naming Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium as the beneficiary of your RRSP/RRIF, you will contribute the remaining balance of these investments that exist upon your passing. This method can also offset the tax that would otherwise be payable on these assets by your estate. Talk to your professional advisor to determine if this is a good option for you.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
This legacy option may suit people who want to make to substantial donation with an irrevocable trust and earn immediate tax savings, while receiving income from the asset’s interest for life. Once transferred, you’ll receive a tax receipt for the present market value of the gift. Upon your passing, the asset is transferred to Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium.
Confirming your legacy gift
Once your arrangements have been made, complete our legacy gift confirmation form to notify us of your future gift. It’s important for us to know about your intended gift so that we can keep you informed of future plans.
This will also help us create proactive plans so that we can continue to fulfil our mission.Legacy gift confirmation form
Contact us for more info on legacy giving and other donation options. We'll help you get started with all the right tools and information.
A note to our donors
The Legacy Giving information on this website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice and assistance from your lawyer, financial advisor, or tax consultant.
We recommend that you discuss your plans with your lawyer and/or financial advisor before proceeding with a legacy gift.