Our policy is
- To provide a fair complaints policy which is clear and easy to use for anyone external to the organization wishing to make a complaint
- To publicize the existence of our complaints policy so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint
- To make sure everyone at Camp Ooch and Camp Trillium know what to do if a complaint is received
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely manner
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired
- To gather information which helps us to improve what we do
Our policy covers complaints about
- The standard of service you should expect from us
- The behaviour of our staff in delivering that service
- Any action, or lack of action, by our staff or others engaged on Camp Ooch and Camp Trillium business
Our complaints policy does not cover
- Comments about our policies or policy decisions
- Dissatisfaction or complaints expressed with our policies or decisions about individual cases, funding, or request for legal advice and assistance
- Matters that have already been fully investigated through this complaints policy
Standards for handling complaints
- Complaints can be received by letter or email. All complaints will be treated seriously.
- All complainants will be treated with courtesy, respect and fairness at all times. It is the expectation that the complainant will also treat Camp Ooch and Camp Trillium staff dealing with your complaint with the same courtesy, respect and fairness.
- The complaint will not be treated less favourably because of:
- Sex or legal marital or same-sex partnership status: this includes family status, responsibility for dependents, and gender (including gender reassignment, whether proposed, commenced or completed)
- Sexual orientation
- Colour or race: this includes ethnic or national origin or nationality
- Religious or political beliefs, or trade union affiliation
- Any other unjustifiable factors or protected classes under the Human Rights Code, for example language difficulties, age, pregnancy and maternity
Third party reporting
Complainants may wish to have a third party act on their behalf. A third party is any person or organization acting on behalf of or making enquiries for the complainant. For example, third parties may include:
- Advice organizations
- Professionals such as social workers, community psychiatric nurses, doctors or lawyers
- Family members or friends
Where a third party is helping a complainant with a particular complaint, written consent to that effect is required. Where this authority is provided, all possible steps will be taken to keep the third party informed of progress on the complaint.
Where complaints come from
Complaints may come from any person or organization that has a legitimate interest in Camp Ooch and Camp Trillium, including but not limited to clients, members, donors, and members of the local community.
A complaint can be received, by email or in writing.
Written complaints may be sent to the Attention of the Chief Financial Officer at:
464 Bathurst Street, Toronto, ON M5T 2S6
or by e-mail at: email@example.com
or by phone 1-888-464-6624 ext. 254